St. Thomas School is one of the oldest independent schools on the eastside of Lake Washington. STS, a non-sectarian, Preschool through Eighth Grade school, is well known for its commitment to a rigorous academic curriculum and the education of the whole child. STS is expanding its enrollment and boasts a 55,000 sq. ft. LEED® Gold certified campus.
St. Thomas School does not discriminate on the basis of age (over 40), sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, or other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment and except for age, to student admissions, athletics, educational policies, financial, and other school-administered programs. St. Thomas School is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
St. Thomas School is seeking top talent with a passion for creating and nurturing an excellent and innovative educational environment. We're looking for committed, creative, and passionate people who deliver results and provide an unparalleled educational experience.
We offer qualified professionals a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in a friendly and supportive work setting. We provide competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package.
Applications for these positions are reviewed throughout the school year. Qualified applicants will be contacted in order to move forward in the process.
St. Thomas School offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package intended to support and promote the health and well-being, work/life balance, and financial security of our faculty, staff, and their families.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Annuity-based retirement savings plan with generous match
- Paid time-off
- Professional development
- Beautiful state-of-the-art facility
- LEED® Gold Campus
How to Apply
Please submit an application for employment, résumé, and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. No phone calls please.
Candidates, who are considered for an interview, must be prepared to submit a concise portfolio of their work as a teacher. This should be a tailored, focused presentation:
- Examples of lesson plans in the appropriate discipline(s).
- Samples of assessments from 2 subjects areas that reflect varied approaches to assessing student learning.
- A concise discussion of a lesson that you have given that did not go well and one that did go well, with accompanying explanations on what went well and what could be improved.
- A brief description of your ideal classroom. You should focus on the overall layout of the classroom, your role within the classroom, and the various resources that would be available. Please provide insights into your choices.
- A concise description of your leadership and/or teaching style and guiding philosophies, highlighting particular strengths and providing concrete examples of experiences that provide insight into your leadership and/or teaching capacities.
- Additional items that you feel highlight your knowledge and experience.