The financial aid policy at St. Thomas School reflects a philosophical commitment to create and sustain an extraordinary learning community by admitting students, and welcoming families, from a wide range of backgrounds. Financial aid is a component of STS’ strong commitment to our partnership with parents. While families have a primary responsibility to support their children’s education, STS strives to make our programs accessible to qualified students through financial aid grants. Every family has a unique financial circumstance. In addition to financial data, relevant family circumstances are considered.
Fact Summary: Financial Aid Grants for School Year 2012-2013
|Enrollment as of September 2012
|% of students receiving grants
|Average amount of grant
| Average effective income per family receiving one or more grants
|Total amount awarded
How do I apply?
Step One: Complete and submit required forms and documentation:
- Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) from School & Student Services (SSS).
- Access is available as of November 1st at http://sss.nais.org/parents/; click on the “Admissions & Financial Aid” tab. Your secure, confidential data is usually available within 24 hours.
- Be sure to submit all data and supporting documentation required for the PFS.
- Once completed, print a copy for your records.
- St. Thomas School Application for Financial Aid Grant.
- Your W2 and 1040 tax forms from 2012: upload to SSS.
- $37 Nonrefundable Application Fee (Paid to SSS online). St. Thomas School has a limited number of Application Fee Waivers; please contact the Financial Aid Office if you require one.
- All forms and documentation should be received no later than Thursday, February 7, 2013 for first round consideration. Requests for financial aid will not be considered until all required forms are submitted.
Step Two: Notify St. Thomas School as soon as you have completed the PFS online.
You may email the notification to the Financial Aid Office.
St. Thomas School may require that you submit additional information, such as copies of tax forms, tax preparer’s worksheets, bank statements, etc. Failure to fulfill requests for additional information may result in St. Thomas School not considering an application for financial aid. Applicants will be notified in a timely manner if this documentation is needed.
Deadline for first-round consideration: February 7, 2013. Applications received after the deadline will only be given second round consideration and be subject to remaining available funds.
Reminder: Keep copies of all documents that you submit, whether it is to St. Thomas School or School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS).
If you would like to discuss any aspect of financial aid grants and their administration at STS, contact the Financial Aid Office at 425-454-5880 or via email.