Each spring, the St. Thomas School community gathers together to celebrate and raise money to support all that the school has to offer. This year’s fundraising event will be held Saturday, March 17, 2018 at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel Spanish Ballroom. An online auction will be held in the weeks prior to the event. In addition to raising money for current programs through the live and online auctions, a Raise-the-Paddle will raise funds for initiatives outlined in the school’s current Strategic Plan, including the Center for Leadership and Innovation and Center for Personalized Learning.
Sponsoring our Auction is a great way for you to support St. Thomas School and its long-standing role in the community. Auction sponsors offset the costs associated with our event, so that more of the dollars raised go directly to the school.
Sponsorships are available at the following levels:
- Gold ‒ $5,000
- Silver ‒ $2,500
- Bronze ‒ $1,000
- Supporter ‒ Up to $1,000
- What is A Toast to Excellence?
- How do I buy my tickets?
- What forms of payment are accepted for my event ticket, merchandise purchases, and the Raise-the-Paddle?
- What should I wear?
- What happens on the night of the event?
- I, or my company, would like to sponsor the event – how do I do that?
- When will I receive my event program?
- What is collaborative bidding?
- What is a "Sponsor-a-Teacher Ticket"?
- My child had their photograph taken - how do I purchase it?
- Will we receive a special rate if we stay overnight at the Fairmont the night of the Auction?
- I have more event-related questions, who should I ask?
We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) on our event website to purchase tickets and merchandise and to bid in the online auction. Your credit card information will be securely stored and kept for any purchases you make the night of the event. If you wish to pay for event night purchases, such as Raise-the-Paddle, via check, please contact Leila Thomas to make those arrangements. And if you wish to use a credit card other than the one you entered online, we will be able to change it at registration when you arrive at the event.
- The event begins with cocktails at 6:00pm.
- On arrival, please register at the registration desk. Coat check will be nearby.
- Seating will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- After the Raise-the-Paddle and Live Auction, get ready to hit the dance floor with music by our live band, The Dudley Manlove Quartet.
If you're unable to attend the event and would like to participate in the Raise-the-Paddle or bid on Live Auction items anonymously, please contact Director of Development Leila Thomas. Leila can bid on your behalf.
Being an Auction sponsor demonstrates your support of the education St. Thomas School provides and the place STS holds as a long-standing member of the Medina community. Your family or business name will be featured on our website, in the event newsletter and program, and in our 2017-18 Annual Report. Various sponsorship levels are available:
- Gold $5,000
- Silver $2,500
- Bronze $1,000
- Supporter Up to $1,000
Hard copies of the auction catalog will be sent home with the eldest student in your family in the week prior to the event. An electronic version of the program will be available on the school’s website at www.stthomasschool.org/auction.
Faculty and Staff and their spouse/partners are invited to attend the event at no-charge. Your purchase of Sponsor-a-Teacher tickets helps to underwrite this cost to the Auction. These tickets are a great way to support the event even if you are unable to attend. You will be able to navigate to ticket sales via www.stthomasschool.org/auction after January 23rd.
Yes. Guests need to make reservations directly with the hotel on an individual basis. Please call the hotel directly at 206-621-1700 ext. 3131 or toll-free at 1-800-821-8106. It is imperative that individuals indicate their affiliation with St. Thomas School Room Block when making reservations, otherwise the rate that applies may not be extended.
Guests may also make reservations through the following link: https://aws.passkey.com/go/stthomas2018