The goal of the STS Merit Scholars program is to attract the community’s best and brightest students, to create the next generation of leaders that will transform the world.
We believe our students will change the world. We believe our mission to develop responsible citizens of a global society is more important than ever before. We believe that learners and leaders must exemplify strength of character, academic excellence, and community engagement.
The Merit Scholars program seeks students who demonstrate:
- Academic promise and accomplishment
- Service in the community
- Diverse interests, learning styles, backgrounds, and experiences
- Up to two $5,000 scholarships may be awarded each year
- Each scholarship will be given every year for the duration of the recipient's Middle School years
Eligibility & Qualifications
- You must be a student newly accepted to STS in grades 5-8 (Current students are not eligible for the scholarships)
- Proven record of strong academic ability
- Exceptional skills in an area of mastery in non-academic fields such as music, theater, art, athletics, service, leadership, or other related areas
- Clear commitment to STS core virtues
- Prior record of leadership, service, and/or highly developed social and emotional skills
All applicants who complete the St. Thomas School application for admissions along with other items required for the admissions process by the designated January deadline date will be considered for a merit scholarship. The admissions committee will evaluate candidates based on the criteria above in awarding scholarships.