We recognize that you have many excellent choices when it comes to selecting a school. While we do our best to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision, there are some things that just can’t be put into words. That’s why we encourage you to experience St. Thomas School for yourself.
Come for a tour or Open House. See students and teachers at work in our classrooms. Explore. Ask questions. Tell us about your children and what you envision for them. Hear from other parents about their experience. Community is such an important thing at St. Thomas School. We value the solid relationships we’ve formed with our current parents and look forward to building one with you as well.
Our largest admissions events, Open Houses provide you an opportunity to meet our exceptional faculty, interact with current parents and students, learn about our programs, and experience the St. Thomas School community.
Open Houses begin at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Saturday, January 11, 2020
Led by our admissions team, group tours are intended to show you the workings of a real day at St. Thomas School.
Tours begin at 8:10 a.m.
Early Learning Center (Preschool - Kindergarten) Tours:
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020
- Thursday, January 23, 2020
Elementary (1-4) and Middle School (5-8) Tours:
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Tips for School Visits
To make the most of a school visit, consider the following:
- Do students look happy?
- Are students engaged and actively participating in the classrooms?
- Is technology current and does it enhance learning?
- Are teachers able to provide individual attention to students?
- Are teachers excited to be teaching?
- Do faculty and staff interact with students outside the classroom?
- Is the school safe?
- Is there adequate space for recess and outdoor learning?
- Are the classrooms and other spaces inspiring?
- Would your child like coming here?
- Do you feel welcome?
- Is the community warm and authentic?