Back To School 2019-2020
Please note class lists and rosters will be available in August. Summer Activities & Supply Lists are updated!
Please review the new Requirements and Information Regarding Measles that was sent to you last spring.
Update Magnus, completing Medical information, and various other forms. Magnus is a facilitator and repository for:
- Medical information and Emergency Contacts. New - you may copy data entered for one of your child to the rest of the children in the family.
- Special permission form for unique field trips
- Acceptable Use Form for student loaned computers (4th - 8th Grade)
- Step 1 Go to Magnus
- Step 2 Choose "Complete Now"
- Step 3 Find "To Do" icons
- Step 4 Take Action
- Need Help?
If a printable form, click on the document icon to print the form and fill in (see image above). Note: if you have software like Adobe, you may type in all of the information. Select Turn it in and upload the document (you may take a photograph of the signed document with your camera, or scan it with a scanner). There is also an option to FAX it if that is easier.
New in 2019: New this year! Magnus Mobile V2 (available in the Apple Store or Google Play) is an easy way to upload forms on your phone or other device. Simply log in, take a picture of the form, then upload the image.
Else choose "Fill it out", "Edit" or answer "Yes" or "No" question.
If you have any questions or need assistance navigating your account, the Magnus Help Desk Team is available to assist you by phone at 877.461.6831, by email or by chat from the “Need Help” button within your account.
Regular hours of operation: Monday - Thursday 6 a.m. - 3 p.m. PST Friday from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. PST
Please visit the Magnus knowledge base for frequently asked questions.
You may also submit a ticket to STS IT Support for assistance.
- Update your personal profile data. Please note, omit Emergency Contact information in the profile, and instead provide emergency contacts in Magnus via #1.
- Add/update grandparent contact information in Additional Contacts and check the "send email" box in order for them to receive a special invitation to Grandparents' and Special Friends Day. Please contact the Development Office with your questions. Please note that if the grandparent(s) is an Emergency Contact, you must also record the data in #1 via Magnus.
- Early Learning Center (2-Day Preschool - Kindergarten)
- Elementary Center (Grades 1-4)
- Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- 2-Day Preschool only: Staggered start. On Friday, September 6, half of the children will attend preschool while their parents attend an orientation specific to 2-Day Preschool. On Monday, September 9, the other half of the class will attend as their first day while their parents attend the specialized orientation. All students will attend together on Friday, September 13.
Students will be assigned their first day on Friday (9/6) or Monday (9/9) in August.
- 3-Day Preschool - Kindergarten only: Families and children attend Classroom Open House Thursday, August 29, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- 2-Day Preschool - PreKindergarten only: please complete this Questionnaire by August 26.
- Review your child's Summer Activities to ensure completeness.
- Families and children attend Classroom Open House Thursday, August 29, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Please attend the parent & student technology orientation on Tuesday, September 24, 8:15 - 10:30 a.m. in the library.
- 4th Grade parents must complete the Accidental Damage Protection and Acceptable Use Policy form prior to the first day of school. Your student must have this signed in order to take home their Tablet PC.
- Print, sign, and upload permission slip and waiver (via Magnus) for Falcon Day prior to August 23.
- 5th Grade Only: Print, sign, and upload permission slip and waiver (via Magnus) for IslandWood prior to August 23. Please note that attendance is required for both parents and students at the Informational Meeting on Thursday, September 5 at 3:30 p.m. in Mr. Gulbis' room (Room 245)
- Students attend Middle School and Tech Orientation on Thursday, August 29. Details below.
- Students start school with Falcon Day 2019: Middle School Gathering Wednesday, September 4. Details below.
- Complete the Accidental Damage Protection and Acceptable Use Policy form prior to Middle School Orientation. Your student must have this signed in order to take home their Tablet PC.
- Review your child's Summer Activities to ensure completeness.
Middle School and Tech Orientation
Thursday, August 29 | 9:15 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
All Middle School students should plan to attend our Middle School and Tech Orientation to kick off the school year. Pizza will be served for lunch.
- 9:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. New Student Orientation
- 11:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. 5th & 6th Graders (lunch provided)
- 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. 7th & 8th Graders (lunch provided)
Where: Activities in the MS Plaza, lunch at Medina Park (weather permitting), tech training and orientation activities in the Commons/Gym/Classrooms
What is happening: Middle Schoolers will meet the teachers, receive schedules, find and decorate lockers, socialize with friends and plunge into the world of technology
Who will be there: Middle School students, faculty, and staff
What to bring: A backpack with a protected section to take home a school-issued tablet; headphones
Attire: Free dress
Falcon Day 2019
Wednesday, September 4th | 8:40 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
All Middle School students and faculty will be challenging themselves and each other with special outdoor activities. Ms. Fisher has organized an exciting day for you!
Times: 8:40 a.m. (leaving after Chapel) – 3:20 p.m.
Where: Bellevue Challenge Course, Bellevue. We will all travel together by bus.
What is happening: The whole day will be a day filled with physical and team challenges. We will be doing this rain or shine!
Who will be there: Middle School students, teachers, and staff
Attire: Free dress - wear clothes that can get dirty (please ensure you wear closed-toe shoes). Check the weather and dress accordingly for rain or shine, we advise dressing in layers.
What to bring: A water bottle and sunscreen.
Permission forms: Please follow directions on the Back to School portal to complete and upload permission forms by August 23, in order for students to attend. Please note: signature required from student and both parents on the St. Thomas School form.
DON'T FORGET TO...
- Check your class roster (in August).
- Review information about the STS Dining Program.
- Review information about Extended Day and Falcon's Ledge.
- Review offerings and register for Special Programs.
- Sign up for an Athletics Team.
- Volunteer for a PA Committee. You can check to see if you are already on a committee on the Parents' Association tab.
- Read the Dress Code posted in the Parent Handbook and purchase uniforms.
- Stay connected to STS campus life via social media.
- Order STS logowear - including t-shirts, sweatshirts, and duffel bags.