Back to School 2018-2019
Update Magnus, completing Medical information, and various other forms. Magnus is a facilitator and repository for:
- Medical information and Emergency Contacts. New - you may copy data entered for one of your child to the rest of the children in the family.
- Special permission form for unique field trips
- Acceptable Use Form for student loaned computers (4th - 8th Grade)
- Step 1 Go to Magnus
- Step 2 Choose "Complete Now"
- Step 3 Find "To Do" icons
- Step 4 Take Action
- Need Help?
If a printable form, click on the document icon to print the form and fill in (see image above). Note: if you have software like Adobe, you may type in all of the information. Select Turn it in and upload the document (you may take a photograph of the signed document with your camera, or scan it with a scanner). There is also an option to FAX it if that is easier. If you have issues with turning in any or all of the forms, you may bring the completed forms to the front desk and somebody will upload them for you.
Else choose "Fill it out", "Edit" or answer "Yes" or "No" question.
If you have any questions or need assistance navigating your account, the Magnus Help Desk Team is available to assist you by phone at 877.461.6831, by email or by chat from the “Need Help” button within your account.
Regular hours of operation: Monday - Thursday 6 a.m. - 3 p.m. PST Friday from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. PST
Please visit the Magnus knowledge base for frequently asked questions.
- Update your personal profile data. Please note, omit Emergency Contact information in the profile, and instead provide emergency contacts in Magnus via #1.
- Add/update grandparent contact information in Additional Contacts and check the "send email" box in order for them to receive a special invitation to Grandparents' and Special Friends Day. Please contact the Development Office with your questions. Please note that if the grandparent(s) is an Emergency Contact, you must also record the data in #1 via Magnus.
- Early Learning Center (2-Day Preschool - Kindergarten)
- Elementary Center (Grades 1-4)
- Middle School (Grades 5-8)
- 2-Day Preschool only: Staggered start. On Friday, September 7, half of the children will attend preschool while their parents attend an orientation specific to 2-Day Preschool. On Monday, September 10, the other half of the class will attend as their first day while their parents attend the specialized orientation. All students will attend together on Friday, September 14.
Students will be assigned their first day on Friday (9/7) or Monday (9/10) later this month.
- 3-Day Preschool - Kindergarten only: Families and children attend Classroom Open House Thursday, August 30, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Review your child's Summer Activities to ensure completeness.
- Families and children attend Classroom Open House Thursday, August 30, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- 4th Grade parents complete the Acceptable Use Policy prior to the first day of school. Please attend the parent & student technology orientation on Wednesday, September 12, 8:15 - 10:30 a.m.
- 4th Grade parents may purchase the optional Computer Replacement Plan for your student's Tablet PC. Please accept or decline coverage prior to the first day of school.
- Print, sign, and upload permission slip and waiver (via Magnus) for Falcon Day prior to August 29.
- 5th Grade Only: Print, sign, and upload permission slip and waiver (via Magnus) for IslandWood prior to August 29. Please note that attendance is required for both parents and students at the Informational Meeting on Thursday, September 6 at 3:30 p.m. in Mr. Gulbis' room (Room 245)
- Students attend Middle School and Tech Orientation on Thursday, August 30, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. Details below.
- Students start school with Falcon Day 2018: Middle School Gathering Wednesday, September 5. Details below.
- Complete the Acceptable Use Policy prior to the Middle School Orientation. Your student must have this signed in order to take home their Tablet PC.
- Accept or decline optional Computer Replacement Plan for your student's Tablet PC. Please complete prior to Middle School Orientation.
- Review your child's Summer Activities to ensure completeness.
Middle School and Tech Orientation
Thursday, August 30, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
All Middle School students should plan to attend our Middle School and Tech Orientation kicking off a brand new year. They will be served pizza for lunch!
Time: 12:00 noon until 3:00 p.m. when your Middle Schooler can go home or join you at the Classroom Open House that ends at 3:00 p.m.
Where: We will start in the MS Plaza, go to the park for an outdoor pizza lunch, then return to STS for Tech training and other orientation activities
What is happening: Your Middle Schoolers will be able to meet their teachers, receive their schedules, find and decorate their lockers, socialize with friends, and plunge into the world of technology
Who will be there: Middle School students, faculty, and staff
What to bring: In order to take home their school-issued tablet, they must bring their backpack with a protected section
Attire: Free dress
Falcon Day 2018
Wednesday, September 5th | 8:40 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
All Middle School students and faculty will be challenging themselves and each other with special outdoor activities. Ms. Fisher has organized an exciting day for you!
Times: 8:40 a.m. (leaving after Chapel) – 3:20 p.m.
Where: Bellevue Challenge Course, Bellevue. We will all travel together by bus.
What is happening: The whole day will be a day filled with physical and team challenges. We will be doing this rain or shine!
Who will be there: Middle School students, teachers, and staff
Attire: Free dress - wear clothes that can get dirty (please ensure you wear closed-toe shoes). Check the weather and dress accordingly for rain or shine, we advise dressing in layers.
What to bring: A water bottle and sunscreen.
Permission forms: Please follow directions on the Back to School portal to complete and upload permission forms by Wednesday, August 29th, in order for students to attend. Please note: signature required from student and both parents on the St. Thomas School form.
DON'T FORGET TO...
- Check your class roster.
- Review information about the STS Dining Program.
- Review information about Extended Day and Falcon's Ledge.
- Review offerings and register for Special Programs.
- Sign up for an Athletics Team. Can't remember if you signed up? Check out the Athletics Team Signup Results.
- Volunteer for a PA Committee. You can check to see if you are already on a committee on the Parents' Association tab.
- Read the Dress Code posted in the Parent Handbook and purchase uniforms.
- Stay connected to STS campus life via social media.
- Order STS logowear - including t-shirts, sweatshirts, and duffel bags.