TRANSITION TO HYBRID LEARNING
As conditions improve, the School will continue to take steps towards offering a full week hybrid program. While we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19, we hope to mitigate it as much as possible by slowly expanding cohort size, length, and frequency of in-person classes, and overall number of people coming and going from campus. Transitioning to hybrid in this way allows students and families to learn and adapt to the many health and safety protocols necessary to have students on-campus.
As you can see, the return of our youngest students is prioritized in this transition as recommended by the Department of Health and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Our plan is to be in Step 4 on October 19. As always, this plan is subject to change should conditions require.
Upon reaching Step 7, the School will be in full week hybrid mode as shared last summer.
Click on the image to view in full size:
This plan is subject to change.
Conditions may arise that require an immediate return to a previous step, or change to or cancellation of a planned step forward.
Frequently asked questionS
- Can we choose to remain in remote learning if we're not comfortable with our child(ren) being on campus?
- Regarding Step 4 "Half Day Hybrid," does this mean ELC students only come for half their usual class time?
- I know a school with a different plan. Why aren't we doing what they are doing?
- What conditions need to be met in order to advance to the next step?
- Will we be notified before the School takes the next step?
- Is there anything we can do to ensure we advance as quickly as possible through these steps?
Upon reaching Step 7, the School will be in full week hybrid learning:
- 2-Day Preschool and 3-Day Preschool classes operate entirely on-campus.
- 5-Day Preschool and PreKindergarten classes have four days of on-campus learning and one day of remote learning.
- Kindergarten and Grades 1-4 will have four days of on-campus learning and one day of remote learning.
- Grades 5-8 will have three days of on-campus learning and two days of remote learning.
- On-campus days will be regular school hours (8:15 a.m. – 3:20 p.m. for K-8, 8:15 a.m. – 12 noon for Preschool and PreKindergarten).
Families not yet ready to return to on-campus learning may elect for a parallel remote learning program.
WEEKLY SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE