St. Thomas School has many traditions, including Chapel, the Christmas Program, Walkathon, Young Authors' Day, and Field Day, to name only a few. Volunteers who give of their time and expertise are at the center of these wonderful, community-building events.
Another important tradition is giving. For more than sixty years, countless parents, alumni/ae, and friends have supported the school through their generous donations. Truly, St. Thomas School owes its reputation for academic excellence, an extraordinary learning environment, and financial health to the ongoing support of its generous donors.
Philanthropy is an extraordinarily meaningful way to become involved in the daily life and growth of the School. Why give? Each donor has his or her reasons, but for many the answer is simple: to make a difference. Every gift matters. Our funding vehicles anticipate the cyclical needs of the School, supporting current short-term and long-term goals and ensuring that every gift makes an impact.
- Annual Fundfirst — An investment in the students and the faculty, Annual Fundfirst provides essential unrestricted dollars for the current year, funding St. Thomas School's highest priorities and immediate needs.
- Auction — The St. Thomas School Auction brings the STS community together to celebrate the School, providing an opportunity for friends and families to offer support for its programs and initiatives.
- Major Gifts — The School’s strategic vision is continually evolving, and major gifts support that vision and provide opportunities for donors to demonstrate their passion and commitment to STS.
- Completing Our Campus Capital Campaign — In February 2021, we officially opened our new Athletics & Performing Arts Center, which includes a gymnasium, theater space, classroom, and rooftop playfield.We are now turning our focus to the final phase of completing our campus. With construction beginning over Spring Break 2021, our Gym will be converted into a two-story space that will provide permanent, dedicated areas for our Center for Leadership & Innovation, Tech Lab, and the Center for Responsive Learning. The total cost of this project is estimated to reach approximately $30M; our goal is to raise as much as possible through fundraising efforts.
- Endowments — Endowed gifts support students and the School’s programs for generations.
Fundraising initiatives are set forth and defined by the Board of Trustees and the Board’s Advancement Committee. The Advancement Committee is charged with supporting and promoting the overall fundraising efforts at St. Thomas School. Development staff is responsible for nurturing long-term relationships to benefit the School and volunteer fundraising activities, and is available to help donors identify gift opportunities that most closely match their own interests.
Thank you for your interest in supporting St. Thomas School. If you are interested in learning more about supporting STS or are interested in making a gift, please contact the Development Office or call 425.454.5880.